How does soft water impact your life? It starts with your morning shower, leaving your skin and hair feeling softer, and goes until evening, when you put the last of your spotless dinner dishes away. Soft water makes laundry brighter, linens softer and can improve the taste of your drinking water. All that adds up to making your home feel more welcoming.
There are many benefits to having soft water. A few of the most prominent include:
- Softer feeling clothes
- Brighter whites and longer lasting colors
- Less calcium buildup inside your dishwasher
- Less white film and spotting on dishes
Reduced Energy Costs
- Less buildup in water heaters
- Increased water heater efficiency
- Increased life of water heaters
Reduce Hard Water Build Up
- Less scale buildup in pipes helps to maintain water pressure and flow
- Less scale buildup on shower heads, faucets, toilets and shower doors makes for easier cleaning
Soft water can save you an estimated $470 a year.
For a household of four with ten grains per gallon of water hardness with the installation of a water softener.
|Without softener (annual cost)||With softener (annual cost)||$ savings with a softener|
|Plumbing & Appliances||$120||$30||$90|
|Personal Care Items||$60||$42||$18|
|Clothing & Linens||$600||$420||$180|
|Soap & Cleaning Aids||$148||$30||$118|